Sunday, May 8, 2011

Adopted & Adored

This is the name of a new collection of postage stamps released by Australia Post.
Their aim is -

"finding caring homes for unwanted dogs at the Dog’s Homes and other animal shelters around Australia. The issue of five 60c stamps features five dogs fortunate enough to find loving, new homes thanks to the work of animal shelters like the Dogs’ Homes of Tasmania."

Funnily enough, I first came across these stamps when I saw one on a letter about an adopted animal sent to me for a book I'm putting together on the cause.

Unfortunately, seeing the number of animals that are mistreated and require new homes to escape tragic fates (including euthanasia) only lowers - even further - my opinion of humans (humanity in general ... I know quite a few wonderful individuals ... sadly humanity in general is responsible for all the problems in the world).

Fortunately for people, animals are extremely forgiving, and people can easily be redeemed in the eyes of a creature given a second chance at a better life.

Mainly though, I just think these stamps are awesome and wanted to emphasise again, the general lack of respect a large portion of humanity shows animals, and the pure awesomeness of animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment