Monday, August 3, 2009

A Title

As this is my first entry, I thought I'd spend a few words explaining the title 'Through Two Eyes'.

This blog will primarily consist of random thoughts and experiences I have during my every day existence. What I have come to realise after much deliberation (involving simple disagreements with people who have ideas dissimilar to my own) is that thought and experience generally all relies on perception; that is, how the individual sees the world around them.

Obviously, perception is influenced and manipulated over time by what we are taught and emotions we feel. The complexity is increased with the additional influence of each experience. In other words, perception could be seen to exist as a cycle; we experience, we perceive based on that experience. We may experience the same situation again from a slightly different perspective resulting from lessons in the meantime.

In simple terms, 'Through Two Eyes' is an acknowledgment as well as a symbol of the individual views represented in this blog. It may be seen as a disclaimer, thinking of it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment